Baked Sweet Potato Fries recipe!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (yams are less desirable as they get mushy
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 tsp ground cumin and paprika
- 1 – 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt and ground pepper
- Cut potatoes lengthwise to create 1/2-inch thick and 1/2-inch wide strips. (Note: Keep the skin on for fiber and extra vitamins.)
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Whisk in oil, cumin, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper. Add potatoes, tossing to coat. Spread on parchment-paper-lined, rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of 425°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes (switch to bottom or top third of oven halfway through) until tender and edges are browned and crisp. Serve with Crispy Fish Fillets and Dill Yogurt Dip.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 164, Total Fats: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 99 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 27 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 4 g, Iron: 1 mg